AICI-SP has established itself as one of the leading construction firms in the Department of State, Overseas Building Operations (OBO) program. We continue to win important contracts and projects throughout this program and others. We have a culture of innovation where our employees can make a difference and are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager with a BS degree in Engineering/Architecture to work on a U.S. Embassy project overseas. A secret level security clearance is required for this position.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall success, safety and timely completion of a construction project. This person will plan and manage project construction activities and schedules and provide technical consultation to project teams, government agencies and clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures
- Minimizes AICI-SP’s exposure and risk on the project
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Manages project budget
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates project information to superiors
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties
- Other duties as directed by the Operations Manager or President
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain a U.S. Secret security clearance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited institution
- 10-15 years of construction/project management experience; minimum of 8 years of professional employment managing large vertical build projects
- Experience as Project Manager on vertical projects valued at $100Million or higher
- Experience in all aspects of design/build contract execution
- Knowledge of scheduling and organization techniques
- Experience working as the General Contractor on a classified project from start to completion
- Previous experience working with U.S. Government as client and full knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- FEBR experience
- Possess strong leadership, communication and negotiation skills
- Must be willing to work overseas
- International construction industry experience interacting with various diverse cultures
- Previous experience with Overseas Building Operations (OBO)/Embassy and/or U.S. Government overseas contracts is preferred
- Experience on vertical construction, firm fixed price projects
- Primary experience working as the General Contractor on large construction buildings with high end finishes
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
Reaching above and below, stooping and bending. Lifting/carrying/moving 1 to 15 pounds of weight in the form of paper, boxes, files, etc. Manual dexterity to operate office equipment, filing, and perform specialized skills. Requires a high degree of concentration in a busy office environment.
Contract requires 6 days per week, 10 hours per day. Schedules may be modified to better accommodate business needs. Flexibility with hours is required.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals assigned this position. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, physical job demands and working conditions associated with the position.
Go back to job listings
Apply for this position